Central States Beverage Company is one of Midwest’s leading wholesalers, distributing top tier beverages to the Kansas City Metro every week. This is in large part anchored by our growing sales team.
Retail Specialists are our eyes and arms in the market, assisting our sales and delivery teams with product placement and keeping shelves looking fresh. They build creative displays to drive top of mind customer awareness and look for new opportunities to further our brands presence in a competitive industry. As an entry level position, Retail Specialists are developed, trained, and mentored to become sales experts with the intent to become a future Account Manager for Central States.
We are looking for a person with great Integrity. It is a MUST that you are highly energetic and highly motivated with a strong work ethic. The beverage industry is for people who like a fast paced, physical work environment
This is a fast-paced and innovative entry-level role into the beverage wholesale industry. It is engineered to provide valuable experience and knowledge on multiple levels of our company, the area we serve and the careers it cultivates. Retails Specialists are assigned specific territories of our distribution footprint to assist that area’s sales team in delivering, stocking and innovating the brands we distribute.
- Oversee proper stock rotation in retail accounts
- Facilitate breakdown and load in of deliveries
- Construct creative and unique displays
- Restructure cooler and shelf layouts when necessary
- Develop and execute Point of Sales tools in market
- Assist additional departments as needed
What We Offer
- Competitive starting hourly rate of $16
- Mileage reimbursement
- Excellent Health Benefits
- Expert knowledge in the beverage wholesale industry
- Opportunity for advancement
- Fast-paced, productive environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School diploma or GED required. College degree preferred
- Must have reliable automobile transportation, covered by insurance and a valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
- Flexibility on hours with a focus on early mornings, weekends and occasional holidays
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs. consistently
- Must have the focus, drive and determination to excel in a constantly moving environment
- Must be professional and personable as building client relationships are key in a sales environment and possess sound judgment for on the spot decision making